It’s been a month since I blogged and I truly missed it. But I’m back with a kickass recipe for these stunning Chocolate Ganache Bites that I hope will make up for being MIA all through April! 🙂
This past month was hectic. Having jumped on to the job-search wagon after nearly seven months, things have been quite action-packed. That naturally meant I didn’t have a lot of time to blog. But I did bake every chance I got! Through all the chaos, these Chocolate Ganache Bites have been a trusted friend and I’m super glad to finally catch a moment to share this recipe with you.
Here’s what you need:
For the Crackling Crust:
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Salted Butter – 226 g, cold and cubed
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Dark Chocolate – 250 g, roughly chopped
- Heavy/Whipping Cream – 3/4 cup
- Sprinkles of your choice
Here’s how you put together this easy-peasy six-ingredient recipe!
- First off, preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Make the Crust: In a large bowl, pour in the flour and the granulated sugar. Make sure you use really coarse grained sugar to make the crust crackly. Then add in the salted butter and with your fingers, smush the butter into the flour and sugar. When the dough begins resembling crumbly sand, it’s ready. Press the dough into the base of a greased spring-form cake pan and pop it into the oven. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden-brown and crispy.
- Make the Chocolate Ganache: While the crust is baking, bring the whipping cream to a slow boil. When bubbles begin appearing at the edges, take the cream off the heat and pour it over the chopped dark chocolate. After a minute or two, fold the cream and chocolate slowly, making sure not to incorporate too much air into the ganache. Leave to cool.
- Assemble the Chocolate Ganache Bites: Pour the cooled ganache over the crackly crust and top it off with your favourite sprinkles. Refrigerate for about 4-5 hours (I know, I couldn’t resist either! But you’ve got to let it firm up!) and then cut it into bite sized pieces. The wait is over, pop a piece into your mouth right away! (Ahh, yes! I see that smile on your face! 😉 )
I wouldn’t call these Chocolate Ganache Bites dessert; neither would I call them a snack. They swing both ways! What I will say though, is that if you’re a fan of textures and flavours dancing a tango on your palate, these Chocolate Ganache Bites are perfect! The luscious chocolate ganache is dark, intense and velvety, and then there’s the crispy, crackly, salty crust that is just to-die for! I can’t tell you just how much I love these gorgeous treats! *slurrp*
Since I first came up with this recipe back in February, these sweet-treats have been killing it in our household, not to mention fattening us up. The boyfriend has gone gaga for these Chocolate Ganache Bites! I can guarantee that tomorrow morning will bring with it a request to bake a batch! 😛
Give this recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you in the comments below. I’m sure you’re going to love it. Don’t miss out, get in the kitchen now and get baking! 😀