For a weekend dose of zesty fun, indulge in these pillowy Orange Chocolate Pancakes! 🙂
Just as our attire changes in tune with the weather, I honestly believe Pancakes have seasons too! There are summer pancakes like my Lemon Blueberry Pancakes, that are fruity and enlivened with the freshness of berries, lemon and yogurt; there are monsoon pancakes which are meant to lift up your spirits like my Chocolate Chunk Pancakes (which make appearances every now and then; turns out my seasons are all jumbled up!) and then there are winter pancakes, like these gorgeous Orange Chocolate Pancakes that are full of flavour and spice, yet give you warm and fuzzy feels.
This particular morning is quite a chilly one. I’m sitting in the comfort of my living room, wearing socks to keep my freezing feet warm and sipping on coffee while the boyfriend continues with his Saturday morning sleep-in. Sitting here, I thought it’s the perfect day to share my recipe for Orange Chocolate Pancakes with you’ll. After all, it is a recipe for a chilly day! 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 4 tsp
- Castor Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Salted Butter – 56 grams, melted
- Cocoa Powder – 3 tbsp
- Zest of one Orange
- Juice of half an Orange, freshly squeezed
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Honey – 1 cup, for serving
Here’s how you make these beautiful Orange Chocolate Pancakes…
- In a large bowl, blend the flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, eggs and melted butter until the batter is smooth and creamy. Then add in the orange zest, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease a skillet or shallow frying pan with butter. When the butter starts foaming, measure out 1/3 cup of batter and pour it on to the pan. When bubbles begin appearing on the surface of the pancake, flip it over and fry till golden. Fry off the rest of the batter.
- Stack these stunners one on top of the other and douse with a good helping of luscious honey. Serve warm with a hot cuppa, some coffee or a mug of hot chocolate!
Anyone who knows me, knows about my obsession with the combination of orange and chocolate. Remember my Orange Chocolate Marble Cake? Much like that beautiful loaf, these pancakes too sing with the richness and depth of flavour of chocolate, while the punchy notes from the orange cut through all that richness to dance the perfectly synchronised tango on your taste buds! Add to that some cinnamon, nutmeg and honey, and you’re in foodie-winter-wonderland! It just oozes with them tucked-in-my-favourite-blanky-and-stuffing-my-face feels! (You do that too, right? It’s not just me? 😛 )
These fluffy, pillowy pancakes are truly all the comfort you need on a chilly morning. Give these melt-in-the-mouth beauties a try. They won’t fail you, I promise! 😀