Quick. Easy. Sublime. That’s what you get in this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta! ❤
In my little experience, feeding yourself and your family after a long day of work can be a total pain! More often than not, you’re hoping a warm, home-cooked meal would magically present itself on the dinner table when you get home. Well, I hear a lot of you going, ‘Why not order in?’ Because I want to live to see my next paycheck, silly! 😛 The truth is, up until a couple months ago, when I worked a full time job, I dreaded the last meal of the day. Simply because after a 9 hour work-shift and about 2 hours of to-and-fro commute, I lacked energy and ideas. 😦
If you feel the same way, I feel for you. Yes, cooking can be an effective stress buster. That is if you aren’t physically and emotionally spent when 7 pm rolls around. So, now that I’ve taken some time off, I’ve been focusing on working my way through the kitchen quickly to produce beautiful, tasty meals with minimal effort. And hence, four words for you – Lemon. Garlic. Shrimp. Pasta!
Here’s what you need to make this quick and easy dinner. The following recipe makes 4 servings.
- Pasta of your choice – 250 g (I used spaghetti)
- Shrimp – 500 g, cleaned and deveined
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
- Tomato – 3 medium sized, cubed
- Juice of half a Lemon (more if you like it tangy)
- Mixed Dried Herbs – 2 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh Coriander/Basil/Parsley for garnishing
Here’s how you make it:
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserve some pasta water and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add in chopped garlic. Toss in the dried mixed herbs and chilli flakes and fry until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt. Squeeze in the lemon juice and cook on a medium flame until tomatoes go mushy.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until soft and opaque. Quickly pull the sauce off the heat to avoid overcooking the shrimp.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water into the sauce and mix in the cooked pasta slowly until it is perfectly coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs of your choice and serve warm!
My, did we love this Lemon Garlic Pasta! Silky, al dente pasta perfectly dressed in a beautiful, fragrant sauce that boasts of a melange of flavours; what more could you ask for? While the tomatoes and lemon juice lend oodles of tang and zest to this meal, the shrimps come in with their blissful sweetness, turning this into a fancy affair! And those warm hits of chilli, garlic and mixed herbs just knock this dish right out of the park! ❤
Full disclosure – just writing about this is making my mouth water! 😀 Trust me, if you’re a pasta lover, you’ll LOVE this simple meal. Serve it with some crusty bread and olive oil, and you could turn this uber simple meal into a gastronomical extravaganza! Oh, and complete the meal with some Tiramisu for dessert, will ya? 😛
For a quick, easy weeknight dinner, give this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta a try! You’re going to have some happy campers at home, I promise! 🙂
For regular updates on what’s happening in The Foodscape kitchen, follow us on Instagram at @thefoodscape! You’ll love all the yummies on there, I promise! ❤